Creating a SAP solution manager key
- Start sapgui and log into the solution manager box.
- Call transaction SMSY (System Landscape Maintenance)
Create your SAP ECC System in the system landschape:
- Select the landscape component Systems, and choose Create New System, in the context menu.
- Choose the product SAP CRM or whichever is relevant & Save
- Select the newly created System
- Click the "Other objects" icon in the menu bar (6th icon from left)
- In the popup that opens click the "Key" icon (generate a key)
- enter the system number(Ex: 01) and message server (host name of machine) and click "generate key"